Senior Java engineer
Encode is currently seeking a senior Java engineer to join our Development Team in Odense, Denmark, as we continue to expand our leading SaaS automation platform to plan, manage and distribute marketing content across all media in the fast-growing Marketing Technology (MarTech) space.
You will be part of a team developing the ‘Future of Work’ for our customers based on our “low-code” application platform-as-a-service framework.
The Product Development Team has team members in Odense, Kiev, London and California. We follow lean and agile methodologies in building our product and pay attention to user experience and delivering outcomes that our customers and the market will love.
You are an experienced Java engineer with a passion for creating clean performant generic solutions. You’ll bring knowledge and expertise in architecting and implementing microservices in a kubernetes driven cloud environment.
- Discuss and agree overall system architecture with our team of software architects, to ensure our platform remains performant and easy to scale
- Participate in extending our test automation suites, towards a full continuous delivery pipeline
- Collaborate with product management and our Frontend team to implement innovative solutions with clean separation between business logic and presentation (we use REST endpoints and a ReactJS based frontend)..
- Extend and promote coding standards, documentation and become one of our role models in the engineering team.
Required Skills and Experience
- 4+ years of developing scalable international enterprise applications.
- Degree in computer science
- Ability to think critically, solve problems creatively and effectively
- Up-to-date with the latest Java trends, techniques, and technologies
- Strong knowledge about Java, Spring(MVC/Security/Boot), Hibernate, AMQP, Mockito, Gradle, Google/Amazon cloud services
- Experience with ActiveMQ/RabbitMQ/Kafka or Cloud messaging system
- Good experience of producing clean, self-documenting, secure and optimised REST endpoints
- Experience in automated testing and being part of a continuous delivery pipeline
Desired Skills and Experience
- Interest in IT Security
- Experience in image and video manipulation and conversions.
- Experience with AI/Machine learning
- Experience with automated testing
- Experience with data modeling and BI
- Experience with microservice cloud infrastructures
- English - fluent
- High-execution, self-motivated, go-getter attitude
- Ability to learn quickly and adapt to change
- Resourceful and creative troubleshooting skills
Life at Encode
We’re constantly striving to ensure that we offer the most encouraging, supportive and efficient environment possible. We want everyone on the team to be empowered to influence our product strategy decisions. The whole team is involved in prioritising and evaluating our releases.
- Great team and friendly environment
- Challenging tasks
- Lack of bureaucracy
- Medical insurance
- Competitive salary
Please follow this link (click here) to apply for the job!